Connect with us

Sports

FC Barcelona, Lionel Messi to Play Napoli Inside Hard Rock Stadium This August 7

Published

on

Two major European soccer crews will be facing off in Miami later this summer.

FC Barcelona and SSC Napoli will play at Hard Rock Stadium on Aug. 7 as a major aspect of a two-game series being played in the United States. The second game will be played at Michigan Stadium in Ann Arbor.

“We couldn’t be more excited to be facing FC Barcelona in the U.S. this summer,” SSC Napoli Chairman Aurelio De Laurentiis said in a statement released by Relevant Sports Group.

“Our clubs hasn’t been to the U.S. in over 30 years, and to have the opportunity to reintroduce SSC Napoli to the American market in this historic matchup against a world class club is huge for us.”

Both clubs have been very effective in their separate classes. FC Barcelona, which highlights international soccer legend Lionel Messi, has won LaLiga 26 times and taken home five Champions League titles.

Napoli is a standout amongst the most outstanding clubs from Italy, having won the nation’s Serie A league twice and the Coppa Italia five times.

The game being had in Miami is impact of another competition between the groups’ two leagues. The LaLiga-Serie A Cup will happen every year and highlight a two-game series between groups from restricting leagues.

“LaLiga has recognized the importance of international expansion, especially in the United States, which is why we have dedicated significant resources through our joint venture with Relevent Sports Group,” LaLiga president Javier Tebasn said in a statement.

“The creation of the LaLiga-Serie A Cup is in line with our mission to create more opportunities for U.S. fans to celebrate LaLiga and we look forward to this new annual tradition to bring our clubs to America each summer.”

This won’t be FC Barcelona’s first trip to Miami. The club previously played at Hard Rock Stadium in 2017, when they defeated arch-rival Real Madrid, 3-2.

Continue Reading

Sports

Winnipeg Jets agree to sign Adam Lowry to 5-year, $16-million deal extension

Published

on

Winnipeg Jets forward Adam Lowry is taking a give free agency to stick with the only NHL group he’s consistently played for.

The Jets declared on Friday that Lowry has signed a team-friendly contract that will pay him a average of $3.25 million for the next five years.

The 28-year-old Lowry is currently in his seventh season with the club. He was in the final year of a three-year pact that was paying him a normal of $2.9 million for each season.

In 44 games this season, Lowry has eight goals and 12 assists.

Lowry initially joined the Jets in the 2014-2015 season after playing for the Jets top AHL affiliate, the St. John’s IceCaps.

He’s showed up in a total of 452 NHL games with the Jets where he’s recorded 65 goals and 78 assists.

Lowry was drafted by the Jets in the third round of the 2011 NHL Draft.

The National Hockey League additionally reported number of schedule changes, including three games for the Jets after the Vancouver Canucks ongoing COVID-19 outbreak.

It’ll currently just be a five-game homestand for Winnipeg.

Saturday’s game against the Edmonton Oilers has been climbed by three hours with puck drop currently scheduled for 6:00 PM Manitoba time. At that point they’ll get the following four straight days off.

Next Wednesday’s originally scheduled contest against the Toronto Maple Leafs is getting pushed back one day until Thursday. What’s more, next Friday’s showdown with the Leafs will presently be played on May 14 which will currently be their final game of the regular season.

Continue Reading

Sports

Brooklyn Nets sign Alize Johnson to a multiyear, $4.1M contract

Published

on

Forward Alize Johnson has consented to a multiyear deal the Brooklyn Nets worth up to $4.1 million, his agent, George Langberg, revealed to ESPN’s Adrian Wojnarowski.

Johnson’s productivity permitted him to parlay two consecutive 10-day contracts into his new deal with the Nets.

Johnson had his choice of a bit more guaranteed money elsewhere, however needed to stay the course with the Nets, where he has averaged 7.8 points and 5.8 rebounds on 65.7% shooting in six appearances.

Prior to joining the Nets, Johnson played 31 games with the Indiana Pacers over the 2018-19 and 2019-20 seasons.

Continue Reading

Sports

Los Angeles Angels’ Dexter Fowler with torn ACL injury, out for season

Published

on

Los Angeles Angels starting right fielder Dexter Fowler has a torn left ACL that will require season-ending surgery, the group declared Sunday.

Fowler, 35, injured himself while sprinting into a second base on an attempted forceout in Friday’s down against the Toronto Blue Jays in Dunedin, Florida. Fowler beat the throw from Blue Jays shortstop Bo Bichette and didn’t slide, inciting him to show up gracelessly and crumple to the ground in pain.

The Angels at first diagnosed Fowler to have a sprained left knee, however a follow-up MRI revealed that it was far more serious. The team said Fowler is expected to need six to nine months to recover after surgery.

“Comeback season has commenced,” Fowler said Sunday. “The cards I’ve been dealt, so you’ve got to deal with them and go at it like that.”

Fowler, who is set to be a free specialist after the season, doesn’t think the injury is career-ending.

“I want to continue to play,” he said. “I think I’ve still got a lot left in the tank. Right now I just want to get the knee back right and get going again.”

Heavenly messengers director Joe Maddon said he replace Fowler with Juan Lagares and Jose Rojas, the last of whom is right now serving in as a utility infielder. Before Sunday’s down against the Blue Jays was delayed because of downpour, Rojas had been scheduled to begin at third base instead of Anthony Rendon, who was managing irritation in his left crotch that came about because of a throw Saturday.

Fowler, acquired from the St. Louis Cardinals in early February, was 5-for-20 with six strikeouts to start the 2021 season and has batted .218/.320/.370 in the course of recent years. Be that as it may, Maddon, who recently oversaw Fowler with the Chicago Cubs, said he accepted the outfielder was simply beginning to get moving obnoxiously and will miss his essence in the team.

“He’s one of those glue guys, man,” Maddon said. “He really makes a difference. He does. You talk about it all the time with clubhouse guys, but this guy really is one.”

Fowler’s injury creates an immediate opening for the Angels’ two most encouraging youthful players, Jo Adell and Brandon Marsh, both of whom are working out at the group’s substitute site in Tempe, Arizona, before the small time season starts. Adell battled as a new kid on the block a year ago, and Marsh presently can’t seem to play above Double-An in the wake of expenditure the Covid abbreviated 2020 season playing mostly intrasquad games.

Maddon said he would concede to the Angels’ minor league development staff on when Adell and Marsh are major league ready.

“It’s hard for me to imagine that they’ve tightened up their game [from spring training] to the point where you want to bring them up yet,” Maddon said.

Continue Reading

Trending