Google Doodle Celebrates 103rd Anniversary of ‘Hua Lamphong’

Only 103 years after the Bangkok Railway Station, it is known as the unauthorized lamphong, which opened its doors for travelers first. Albeit Bang Soo Mega Station will eventually become the capital’s main rail transportation center, Lamphong holds the title as Bangkok’s most seasoned train station – with a lavish neoclassical design, highlighting an iron rooftop with recolored glass windows. There is when trains were the final hotel methods for transport.

The station is formally referred to by the State Railway of Thailand as Sathani Rotfai Krung Thep in Thai (Krung Thep is the transliteration of the common Thai language name of Bangkok) and Bangkok Station in English. Hua Lamphong is the casual name of the station, utilized by both foreign travellers and locals. The station is often named as Hua Lamphong in travel guide books and in the public press.

In other areas of Thailand the station is usually alluded to as Krungthep Station, and the name Hua Lamphong isn’t well-known.

During his 1907 tour through Europe, King Rama V was affected by Frankfurt’s train station with the goal that he built a comparable structure for his nation. Italian architects Mario Tamagno and Annabel Rigotti resounded a few subtleties of the German station in their design, from the front of the open-air passenger galleries, at a huge clock on Front Gable.

For over a century, Lumphong has been the entry point of Bangkok for many visitors. The station associates the MRT underground system, and you can catch both rural commuter lines and the magnificent Orient Express from here. There are approximately 200 trains operated daily in the State Government of Thailand, which has more than 27,000 passengers, and finally the Railway History Museum.