Finding the IP address for your android device can be a difficult task if you know nothing about your device. This post will help you on how to find the router IP address of your android and will discuss some critical points about IP.
Before we get to the steps, you should know that What is an IP address and what is its importance.
What is an IP address?
An IP address is a web protocol that is usually denoted by a series of digits expressed by four numbers, which are separated by dots.
There is mainly two standard types of IP address:
- IPv4 stands for IP version 4, and this specific IP type uses 32 binary bits to produce a single unique address on the network connection.IPv4 is the most common type of address used worldwide and can be expressed by four numbers separated by dots. Every numerical unit in the decimal (base 10) is a representation for an eight-digit binary (base 2) number, which is also denoted as an octet. An example of IPv4 is 192.168.1.254 Login Admin Settings
- IPv6 stands for IP version 6, and this specific IP address type uses 128 binary bits to create a new unique address on the network connection. This particular IP type is expressed using 8 groups of hexadecimal numbers separated using colons – 2001:cdba:0000:0000:0000:0000:3257:9652.
Importance of Unique IP address
When you host from a dedicated server, there may be hundreds and thousands of websites on the same server, and all of these websites might be on the same IP address. This makes your site more prone to hazard and malicious activities. Sometimes people with shady websites who contribute significant malicious activities on the internet and if you are sharing the same IP address that is blocked or blacklist might result in damage to your site as well.
If your hosting company offers a unique IP address with a dedicated server, then this will make it impossible for the shady people to affect your website. In other words, a unique IP address will provide a more significant layer of protection and reliability.
How to find the Router IP address on android?
- Go to settings and select Network and Internet.
- Tap on WiFi and hold the network connection you are connected to or click on the Settings Icon to manage.
- Tap on Advanced. It will offer two options: static and dynamic IPs. Select static.
- Now you can see your router IP under Gateway.
Following these steps will ensure that you can find your Router’s IP address.
The particular IP address can be the gateway to your network connection, and you should do whatever you can to safeguard it from anonymous hackers and burglars. Make sure to remember the password and write it down somewhere safe.
In case you forgot your username and password, you can easily reset your router to manufacturing facility settings by merely pushing the reset button at the back of your router. Make sure you do not compromise your safety by keeping your username and password at default.